Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  September 2019

ARSCLIB September 2019

This Fall: Free Preserve this Podcast Workshops

Kimberly Peach <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Sep 2019 12:18:28 -0500

​I'm taking the liberty of forwarding this announcement to ARSC members as these free workshops may be of interest --

Greetings!

I wanted to share some information about the Preserve This Podcast project that I, along with my amazing team, have been working on over the past two years, and also promote some upcoming workshops/talks we are giving this fall. Preserve This Podcast (PTP) is a 2-year Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant-funded project whose goal is to create a [ https://radiopublic.com/preserve-this-podcast-WDJY3A | podcast ] , [ http://preservethispodcast.org/assets/PreserveThisPodcast_Zine_Online.pdf | zine ] and [ http://preservethispodcast.org/#events | workshops ] , all which provide indie podcasters the tools and know-how to organize, backup and describe their digital files. There are preservation issues specific the podcasting medium itself, to do with RSS feeds, platform/host viability, and audio metadata.
We are traveling to various cities throughout the US to teach personal preservation skills in a series of in-person workshops this fall. All workshops are free, and light snacks will be provided. Below is our schedule, including RSVP links:
[ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/its-the-year-2039-wheres-your-podcast-a-preserve-this-podcast-workshop-tickets-65539314855 | Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University ] (Durham, NC)
Saturday, September 14 , 2019, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
[ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/its-the-year-2039-wheres-your-podcast-a-preserve-this-podcast-workshop-tickets-69882447281 | The Bubbler at Madison Public Library ] (Madison, WI)
Saturday, September 21 , 2019, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
[ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/its-the-year-2039-wheres-your-podcast-a-preserve-this-podcast-workshop-tickets-65529078237 | PRX Podcast Garage ] (Boston, MA)
Saturday, October 19 , 2019, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
[ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/its-the-year-2039-wheres-your-podcast-a-preserve-this-podcast-workshop-tickets-65529615845 | House of Pod ] (Denver, CO)
Saturday, November 9 , 2019, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
We will also be [ http://www.aes.org/events/147/archiving/?ID=6861 | speaking at the Audio Engineer Society (AES) ] convention in New York on Friday, October 18 .
We would appreciate anyone willing to share this info with their personal networks/listservs/radio stations. Here is a sample tweet to make things easy!
"This fall @preservethispod is teaching a series of ~free~ digital file management workshops. Free snacks and zines provided. Any media makers are welcome to come (not just podcasters!) RSVP/full schedule and details on our website [ http://preservethispodcast.org/ | preservethispodcast.org ] "
If you have any questions about PTP, please let me know. We hope to see some of you in the coming months.
Sarah (on behalf of the PTP Team)

Sarah Nguyen
MLIS Candidate, University of Washington
Project Coordinator, Preserve This Podcast [ [ http://preservethispodcast.org/] | preservethispodcast.org/] ]
Assistant Research Scientist, IASGE [ [ https://investigating-archiving-git.gitlab.io/] | investigating-archiving-git.gitlab.io/] ]
Archives Consultant, Dance Heritage Coalition

--
By way of Kimberly Peach, The Winthrop Group, NYC