For the first time, Amigos is offering a certificate in Metadata Principles and Practices.
In this 4-class certificate program, you will learn the purposes and functions of metadata, understand how XML is used to express a variety of metadata standards, explore various metadata standards currently in use, learn about customization and interoperability of metadata, and explore the importance of relationships in metadata.
To earn the certificate, you must complete the following classes:
* Metadata Basics
* Metadata Standards and Types
* Metadata Customization, Exchange, Transformation and Migration
* Metadata Relationships
Each class requires a written assignment. To earn the Metadata Principles and Practices certificate, you must also complete a capstone project.
In addition to the registration fees for the four courses, you must register for the certificate, which requires an additional fee.
* Register for Metadata Basics at https://www.amigos.org/node/2969
* Register for Metadata Standards and Types at https://www.amigos.org/node/2970
* Register for Metadata Customization, Exchange, Transformation and Migration at https://www.amigos.org/node/2971
* Register for Metadata Relationships at https://www.amigos.org/node/3038
* Register for the Metadata Principles and Practices certificate at https://www.amigos.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=1258
For more information, contact Emily Nimsakont at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Emily Dust Nimsakont
Cataloging and Metadata Trainer
Amigos Library Services
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>