Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  April 2020

ARSCLIB April 2020

Job Opening: Audiovisual Preservation Project Manager

Biz Maher Gallo <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:33:33 -0400

We're Hiring! See listing below or visit our website for more information:
https://www.georgeblood.com/jobs/

*Company Background*
George Blood. L.P. is a nationally recognized provider of services archival
audio and moving image preservation We digitize obsolete and deteriorating
audio, video, and film media. From A/V recordings in decaying and obsolete
formats, to a variety of digital formats, we meet the needs of our various
clients in libraries, museums, archives, corporations, and private
collections across the country.

*Position*
The Project Manager will be a key team member, responsible for managing a
portfolio of projects including planning, coordination, and implementation
of each project within the scope of client-driven budgets, timelines, and
quality expectations. They will also effectively monitor and present
project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
Because our project managers are the primary point of contact between
George Blood, LP and the institutions we interact with, the ideal candidate
must bring excellent people skills combined with project management
experience.

If you are an information professional with a passion for preserving
audiovisual media and strong project management experience, we encourage
you to apply. This position offers the right candidate a unique opportunity
to be immersed in a resource-rich environment within a fast-growing company.

*Responsibilities*
• Manage preservation projects from inception to completion; own the
successful completion of each project
• Communicate with client through life of project to manage client
expectations, provide updates and provide superior customer service
• Review contracts to understand scope and budget for implementation
• Create project plans with timelines and milestones for internal
production teams and manage delivery to the timelines
• Liaise with Production Manager to proactively manage resource allocation
• Monitor project deliverables, including shipments, metadata, quality
control and timely output
• Update relevant stakeholders or team members on the project progress
• Monitor progress against project budget and create client invoices
• Liaise and collaborate with functional areas responsible for project
execution and provide direction to resolve project challenges
• Work with staff programmers to develop tools for managing media and
metadata
• Coach and support colleagues as needed to foster ongoing project
progression
• Proactively address potential derailments to keep projects on track; make
recommendations to improve process and quality control as needed

*Qualifications*
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills required
• Master's degree in library or information science, or comparable work
experience, required
• Time-management and stress-management skills required
• Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate with staff from
all departments required
• Ability to rapidly change between tasks and environments required
• Background in metadata and archival processing and/or cataloging preferred
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills required
• Prior experience in audio/visual and data migration preferred
• Prior experience with FileMaker Pro preferred
• Willingness and ability to influence and persuade teams to accomplish
project goals
• Ability to work independently

*Benefits*
• $45,000-52,000 salary, commensurate with experience
• Eligible for company’s benefits package, including company-sponsored
medical insurance; voluntary SIMPLE-IRA contributions with matching, and
PTO, as well as company holidays

Please send cover letter, resume, and three references via e-mail
attachment to:
Lisa Prowker [log in to unmask] and include “Project Manager –
Your Name” as subject.

--
*Biz Maher Gallo, MSI | Manager of Audiovisual Preservation*
George Blood Audio/Video/Film/Data

she | her | hers