The Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC) is seeking applications for a Web Manager to oversee visual design, functionality, and content creation of the ARSC Website (www.arsc-audio.org<http://www.arsc-audio.org>). The successful candidate will work closely with the Web Editor and will have the option to establish and manage a web editing team. Estimated hours will vary depending upon how the site is managed, but will generally average 4-5 hours per week.
The ARSC Web Manager is responsible for overseeing visual design, functionality, and content creation of the ARSC Website (www.arsc-audio.org<http://www.arsc-audio.org>) in order to promote the goals and mission of ARSC, using best practices and analytics to guide content creation.
As a member of the Online Media Committee, the Web Manager suggests major website changes as well as new technologies and services that may assist ARSC in performing the core work of the Association.
The Web Manager will ensure that all of ARSC's areas and initiatives are reflected on ARSC's website. The Web Manager and Web Editor teams will confer as needed with:
1. The ARSC Social Media Editor, to publicize links on the website and blog on social media content as appropriate, and to provide back-up assistance in posting content to ARSC social media platforms.
2. Technical consultants that ARSC may retain from time to time to implement major changes to the site, or deal with security issues.
3. The ARSC Blog Manager.
4. The ARSC YouTube Manager and Video Editor.
5. Other ARSC officers as needed, including (but not limited to) the Outreach Committee Chair(s), Conference Planning Committee Chair, Journal Editor, Newsletter Editor, and Executive Director, and the ARSC Board.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Regularly update and refresh the News & Events section of the site homepage.
2. Proactively review the website on a regular basis (at least weekly) to make sure all content is timely, accurate, and up to date.
3. Review and edit submissions for the website, such as committee, chapters, and conference updates.
4. Code and upload content to the website - both original content and content submitted by ARSC officers.
5. Ensure that information on the annual ARSC conference, including dates, locations, and application deadlines, is posted as soon as it becomes available. Ensure that the conference pages are attractive (including visuals). After a conference has concluded, ensure that its audio recordings and slide presentations (if provided) are available online as soon as possible.
6. Ensure that the site contains the latest information regarding ARSC publications, including table of contents of the current Journal, and pdf's of the latest Newsletter, Membership Directory, Audio Preservation and Restoration Directory, and Chapter Announcements.
7. Ensure that the site contains the latest information regarding ARSC Awards Winners and Grant Recipients.
This position requires:
* Current membership in ARSC, with prior membership in the organization preferred.
* Ability to attend annual conferences.
* Prior web editing and/or management experience for groups and/or organizations is preferred, but not required.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data.
* Strong strategic and creative thinking.
Appointment & Term
The successful candidate will be appointed at the May 2017 annual membership meeting in San Antonio, Texas. Initial appointment is one year, with reappointment possible up to 4 years.
Modest stipend TBD.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of application and resume with a list of three professional references by e-mail attachment to Sandy Rodriguez (Online Media Committee Co-Chair): [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Recommendations for candidacy are welcome. Members of the Nominating Committee are: Nathan Georgitis, Kim Peach, Sandy Rodriguez, Marcos Sueiro Bal.
April 21, 2017
Digital Special Collections Coordinator
University of Missouri-Kansas City
326C Miller Nichols Library | 5100 Rockhill Road | Kansas City, MO 64110-2499
p: (816) 235-2229 | f: (816) 333-5584 | e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>