Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  January 2019

ARSCLIB January 2019

Re: [EXT] Consult regarding databases, archives and mapping in music research

"Feustle, Maristella" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 24 Jan 2019 20:39:41 +0000

My favorite tool for this has been Google Fusion Tables for several years, but Google is unfortunately retiring Fusion Tables in December of this year. They promise that new map technology is under development, but there's not certainty yet on what continuity of service it might provide:

https://support.google.com/fusiontables/answer/9185417

So, my next recommendation would be CartoDB or ARC GIS. I hope that helps! There are many possibilities in these tools for recorded sound research, whether for studio, field, or live recordings, among many possible uses.

Thanks,

Maristella Feustle