ARSCLIB February 2019

Re: Inquiry about JK Stevenson

"Paul T. Jackson" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 9 Feb 2019 14:53:11 -0800

Here is the background program notes about the fanfares commissioned.
http://hpo.org/program-notes/
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2016/11/04/18-fanfares-wartime/92520306/

I could not find any recordings of the Fanfare for Friends via the
Internet, but apparently there were several orchestras which did perform
the work, and they might have recordings, including the Cincinnati Symphony.

JK Stevenson was noted in the Encyclopedia of Recorded Sound as a
collector who wrote about tone arm distortion.

He was listed in the ARSC directory 1999-2000 with email
James may have died in 2004, but I can't confirm that.

Paul Jackson
Trescott Research
Steilacoom, WA 98388

p.s. ARSCLIB keeps rejecting this, so sending it direct as well.