Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  April 2020

ARSCLIB April 2020

ARSC Virtual Conference 2020: Save the Dates!

Bill Klinger <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:15:19 -0400

The Outreach Committee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections
(ARSC) posts the following message.

--- ARSC VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ---
-- SAVE THE DATES: May 21-23, 2020 --

We are pleased to announce that the previously cancelled 2020 ARSC
Conference in Montreal will now take place online. While certainly not an
ideal scenario, ARSC is committed to facilitating the sharing of knowledge
throughout the field. In an effort to strengthen our community ties in this
time of isolation, the online conference will be open to members and the
public free of charge.

The conference will take place May 21-23, 2020. Presentations will be given
on May 21 and 22 between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. EDT. The
annual business meeting will be held on May 23 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
EDT. Live presentations and the annual business meeting will be made
available through the Zoom Video Webinar platform. Some presenters have
opted to submit pre-recorded videos; these will be made available for
on-demand viewing through the Aviary online platform.

We are working to provide more detailed information on the ARSC website. In
the coming weeks, we plan to share the updated program, registration
information, and the technical information needed to access the Zoom
meetings.

Stay tuned for more information. We look forward to seeing you online!

Questions? Please email Rebecca Chandler:

The Association for Recorded Sound Collections is a nonprofit organization
dedicated to the preservation and study of sound recordings -- in all genres
of music and speech, in all formats, and from all periods. ARSC is unique in
bringing together private individuals and institutional professionals --
everyone with a serious interest in recorded sound.

----