ARSCLIB January 2019

Motown records

"Paul T. Jackson" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:48:59 -0800

There are several excellent articles about the Motown Records group in
Detroit, found in the AARP magazine; Nov. 2018, and Dec/Jan 2019 issues
should anyone be interested. I've only linked two of them.

https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/music/info-2018/smokey-robinson-motown-interview.html

https://press.aarp.org/2018-11-28-Legend-Smokey-Robinson-Reflects-Legacy-Record-Label-Changed-World

Back when they decided to move in 1972, I was there helping to save items
for Esther Edwards, Gordy's sister, for her proposed archive/museum. The
movers had dumped Gordy's desk documents on the floor and taken the desk,
not the important documents. We retrieved many items, along with gold
records still on the walls, as well as advertising, phone records and other
memorabilia. We loaded our cars and took the materials to Esther's home and
put them in a large internal vault, a former bomb shelter.

Paul T. Jackson
Trescott Research
Steilacoom, WA 98338
trescottresearch.com