ARSCLIST  December 2011

ARSCLIST December 2011

Re: Auto-tune is audio restoration

Doug Pomeroy <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:54:34 -0500

Joe,

I got Celemony to process a short piece of music in which the
pitch was unsteady (drifting), and it seemed to do a good job.
They call the process CAPSTAN.
CEDAR's similar process is called RESPEED.

The automatic re-alignment of the two tracks of a stereo recording
is a different matter: AZIMUTH is CEDAR's processor for this.

Doug

> Date:    Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:56:42 -0600
> From:    "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Auto-tune is audio restoration
>
> Perhaps you refer to Celemony. celemony.com
>
> Andrew Rose at Pristine Classical has been using this process, in
> particular for his Schnabel Beethoven Sonata series, and the results
> in
> reducing wow and flutter are amazing.
>
> He gives away a low-res MP3 file every week on his website.
> www.pristineclassical.com
>
> Usual disclaimers apply.
>
> joe salerno

Doug Pomeroy