ARSCLIST  September 2014

ARSCLIST September 2014

Re: CD time limit

Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 7 Sep 2014 08:59:50 +0200

HI Peter
IIRC the official limit to a CD length is 74:21 minutes. By pitching the
tracks closer than the red book spec it is possible to make a cd longer.
The longest cd I have is almost 83 minutes long (Mahler with the Israeli
Philharmonic). Most cd players will cope with this but not all. Computer
drives are usually not as old as some cd players so they have less wear
and less dirt on their lenses and can read some discs better.
Cheers
Shai
בתאריך 07/09/14 6:52 AM, ציטוט Peter Hirsch:

--
Cheers
Shai Drori