ARSCLIST  August 2012

ARSCLIST August 2012

Re: late 40s press molded disc

David Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:28:39 -0400

Vinylite is a different compound from vinyl. It's thicker, sturdier and I
think it was proprietary to RCA. You can still crack them though;
they are not "unbreakable" in the way 1950s records tend to be. And also I
don't think as a surface that it delivers the goods as well as
conventional vinyl, but it does sound better than the very early vinyl
children's records issued by Caravan and others in the late 1930s.
Just my opinion.

Uncle Dave Lewis
Lebanon, OH