New from Indiana University's Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative
The MDPI blog presents a series on data and statistics from media
digitization projects. Although every archive is different, we hope that
this information provides at least some useful ballpark data for
organizations planning digitization projects.
1. A look at data and statistics from MDPI digitization, including average
durations of various audio and video formats, average size of preservation
packages, and more. Available at:
2. The New York Public Library's take on data and statistics from
digitization. Available at:
3. Coming after Thanksgiving: the University of North Carolina's view of
data and statistics from digitization.
New articles in the latest IASA Journal:
4. "Quality Control for Media Digitization Projects" by Mike Casey.
Published in the latest IASA Journal. Available at:
5. The full story of Degralescence and the battle for the kingdom of Media.
A media preservation fairy tale by Mike Casey in the latest IASA Journal at
Director of Technical Operations, Audio/Video
Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative