ARSCLIST  May 2007

ARSCLIST May 2007

Re: What is a Milk Box ? (was Moving Sound Recording Collections)

D P Ingram <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 26 May 2007 18:23:06 +0300

On 26 maj 2007, at 04.47, Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:

For the benefit of those who are not Canadian, what is a "milk box".
Is it a box used to store milk bottles (?). And how big are them?  We
have milk cartons but you'd not get a 78 rpm record in it, well you
might, but you first have to send it via U.S.P.S. in a plain envelope
(or the postal service of your choice) in a plain envelope sans
packaging marked fragile.

> that exact same order! I moved about 300 milk boxes full of 78's...
> which had been carefully arranged in label/number order, with some

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and
consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright
disclaimer here"