ARSCLIST  December 2011

ARSCLIST December 2011

Re: Minidisc players

Martin Fisher <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Dec 2011 19:59:37 +0000

Thanks Richard.  Good to know.  I need to double check on my machine's capabilities since that's probably what's limiting the capabilities.  :-)

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2011 12:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Minidisc players

Hi, Martin,

I am fairly certain that I am able to rip any MD with the Sonic Stage software and my MZ-RH1 (I think it's the same except for accessories as the MZ-M200). I bought it for a client project that had mixed modes on some of the MDs and it got everything.

There may ne other MD players that behave as you describe, but I think Sony sort-of realized at the end of the format they needed to provide us with something to retrieve material from the format in an easy way.

Cheers,

Richard