ARSCLIST  June 2014

ARSCLIST June 2014

Re: Unusual CD collection...

eugene hayhoe <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Jun 2014 05:03:34 -0700

"Perhaps there is an object lesson here that anyone with a substantial collection needs to catalog it,"

Or obtain the services of someone who can 'do that without all of the labor associated with having to create all of the physical documentation.'

On Sun, 6/8/14, Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Unusual CD collection...
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Sunday, June 8, 2014, 11:07 AM

 As I said in my first
 post, the collection has not been cataloged. One person here
 has expressed interest offlist and I have put them in touch
 with the parties.

 All the
 information I have on the contents is this:

 >> "She has
 characterized the thematic emphasis of the two collections
 (CDs and books) as being:
 >> Music:
 Classical, Opera, Rare, Jazz, Musicals
 >> Books: Old, Sci Fi, Mystery, GLBT,
 Historical (Plays, Musicals)"

 So it
 needs to first be examined, removed from the basement, then
 cataloged and hopefully archived! Wish I had the time and
 resources to do it!

 My
 friend in Seattle just happened to meet the one who has it,
 and the topic of music came up, and she said she is trying
 to clear the deceased collector's house for the
 family.

 Perhaps there is an
 object lesson here that anyone with a substantial collection
 needs to catalog it, so it doesn't end up in a dumpster
 or thrift store to be dispersed willy-nilly...
 <L>
 Lou Judson
 Intuitive Audio
 415-883-2689