ARSCLIST  September 2008

ARSCLIST September 2008

Re: Stanley Holloway vinyl

Thomas Stern <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:44:28 -0400

Hi David,
  Thanks!  Do either carry the Judson stamper numbers (crossed out) ??
Best wishes, Thomas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of David Lennick
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 11:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Stanley Holloway vinyl

Okay..I have this album twice.

Wonderland 1415 (label reads Riverside RLP 1415), The Elephant Alphabet
(produced by Bill Grauer Productions Inc.)

Golden Wonderland GW 222, What Happened At The Zoo (A.A. Records Inc.)

GW acknowledges Milton Kaye but lists no other musicians and omits the
songwriters, who are credited on the Riverside/Wonderland LP. Both contain
the
same blurb "Welcome to Wonderland" and both contain a little blurb (not the
same one) about Holloway. Track order is slightly different..Golden LP
switches
the last cut on each side, or at least the labels say so.

dl