ARSCLIST  September 2012

ARSCLIST September 2012

Re: The EMI Vault

David Diehl <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:58:49 +0000

 >Mike Gray might be better able to answer, but in general while they donot have EVERYTHING they ever recorded, the story you heard about themetals is not true -- especially considering that the EMI metalsholdings is better than RCA's.
-Mike Biel [log in to unmask]
It is my understanding that EMI's holdings of HMV metals is extensive but there was considerable prejudice against Columbia at Hayes, Middlesex ('west of London') at the time of the merger and very little pre-1931 material from Columbia exists.
DJD

Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com