ARSCLIST  March 2006

ARSCLIST March 2006

Re: Further thoughts on the new CLIR report. DVDs

Sam Brylawski <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:48:35 -0500

Steve,

The report did not intend suggest that DVD be considered a storage standard.
It stated that DVDs were beginning to replace CDs. This is an
acknowledgement of the push by companies toward DVD Audio as a consumer
medium, not an archival medium. The context in which DVDs are entioned inthe
report is within the discussion of sampling rates, not archival media.

Sam