ARSCLIST  March 2014

ARSCLIST March 2014

Re: WSJ article on vinyl playbackl equipment

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 15 Mar 2014 17:44:25 -0400

Hi Duane:

Could someone use one of these things to do the method you describe, rather than having to find and
then make the space for an old turntable?
http://www.sleevecityusa.com/All-Media-Disc-Cleaning-Mat-p/cd-506.htm

They also sell cleaning cloths which I'll say are good for CDs, haven't tried on vinyl:
http://www.sleevecityusa.com/Phoenix-Record-Cleaning-Cloth-p/phx-cloth.htm

One thing I DON'T recommend is trying any of the foolish DIY "conversions" for a shop vac into a
record cleaner. I expect you'll ruin a few platters on the way to figuring out that's a bad idea.
There also seems to be some mythology out there on the web about using rubber cement. Good luck with
that.

-- Tom Fine