]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BIBFRAME Home

BIBFRAME  July 2014

BIBFRAME July 2014

Re: Bibframe and Linked Data (Authorities)

"Ford, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jul 2014 08:12:27 -0400

text/plain

> However the definition of a Bibframe Person as it stands is a
> “Controlled personal name”, not a person as such; foaf:Person is defined as
> “A person” which does implicitly suggest that "bf:Person != foaf:Person".
-- Agreed.  Two things here.  One, I can envision the definition of bf:Person changing (to what, I could not tell you, but the current definition seems narrow to how I think of bf:Person).  Two: while the second point is an intentionally technical point, we want it clear that we've made no such assertion explicit and that to suggest otherwise is to interpret beyond what has been stated at the vocabulary level.  I'm not saying that your assessment of the definitions is unreasonable, but that there is a way to assert (or not) this type of statement at the vocabulary level and we've not done that.

Yours,
Kevin

--
Kevin Ford
Network Development and MARC Standards Office