EAD October 2008

EAD to HTML, Saxon, and meta tags

Michele R Combs <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:39:06 -0400

Something very weird is going on and I hope someone can tell me why.  We've been using an adapted eadcbs6.xsl stylesheet for upwards of 2 years with no problems.  We're using saxon to run it to produce HTML from our EAD.  Earlier this week (at the request of our IT department) we switched to the latest version of Saxon, due to security concerns with the Java Virtual Machine required by our older version of Saxon.  We tested it, everything looked good.

However, I have just discovered that for some reason with the new version of Saxon (9.1.0.2, I believe -- the Java version, not the .NET vers