EAD April 1996

donor information

Kim Brookes <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Apr 1996 09:19:22 -0400

Hello.
   The Harvard/Radcliffe project has come up with a couple of wishes
for the EAD.  We wish that:
  1) there were a <donor> tag allowable within the <acqinfo> element.
 Did this version of the EAD dropped such a tag in favor of <persname>
role attribute?  Despite the availability of the attribute "role,"
<donor> or, at least <donorinfo>, is an important category in our
repositories.
   2) there were a <date> element available within a <persname>.
This desire stems from discussions about indexing.  It looks like
other participants on this list are also struggling with how the EAD
will meet our indexing needs (hopefully without requiring an undue
amount of time to do mark-up) .
   What do you think?
Kim Brookes
Radcliffe College