REMINDER: Don't delay. Register now and save!
Only a few openings remian for The FLICC/American Management Association Leadership Series--Communicating Up, Down and Across the Organization--Monday, May 9 and Tuesday, May 10, 2005--9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.--In the West Dining Room, 6th floor, Madison Bldg, The Library of Congress
Registration is $450--You Save $1,245 Off The Regular Price
DON'T DELAY. REGISTER NOW!
Real leaders appreciate it when employees take the responsibility to communicate new ideas, innovations and better ways to get the work accomplished. This seminar offers practical and adaptive strategies for informing and influencing others--no matter where they fit in the organizational chart. See more detailed course description below.
Monday, May 9--Tuesday, May 10, 2005
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. There is no entry to the Library of Congress prior to 8:30 a.m.
West Dining Room, 6th floor, Madison Building, The Library of Congress
Use the Main Entrance at 1st and Independence Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C.
Capitol South (Orange and Blue Lines)
FLICC Education Working Group
Visit the FLICC Educational Programs Web site at http://www.loc.gov/flicc/feveform.html to register online. To view a PDF version of this Meeting Announcement visit http://www.loc.gov/flicc/ma/2005/ma0521.pdf. Request ADA accommodations five business days in advance at (202) 707-6362 TTY or [log in to unmask]
Call FLICC (202) 707-4800; TTY (202) 707-4995
Cancellations must be called into the FLICC office (202-707-4800) 48 hours prior to the start of an educational program or the full fee will be charged.
Designed for employees, managers and executives who want to build the communication skills that encourage dialogue throughout the organization and between different departments and levels, this two-day seminar will help you
* Gain recognition by showing managerial effectiveness, leadership and creativity
* Create new opportunities within your organization
* Break down the barriers that stand between team cooperation and organizational effectiveness
* Reduce frustration by building cooperation between different silos
* Enhance productivity by gaining support and commitment
* Build esprit de corps and productive workplace relationships
What You Will Cover
* Gaining and exhibiting self-esteem
* Targeting your message by knowing your audience and linking your message to its needs
* Building team commitment and ownership
* Interpersonal techniques for influencing
* Building compelling and persuasive business cases
* Constructing an informative, attention-getting project update
FLICC is also offering AMA's 5-Day MBA Program July 25-29, 2005. See FLICC Meeting Announcement MA2005-22 for more information! Visit http://www.loc.gov/flicc/ma/2005/ma0522.pdf.
FLICC MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT MA2005-21