GHELIST Archives

GHELIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

GHELIST Home

GHELIST  May 2017

GHELIST May 2017

Preparing for update to Oracle 12c

"Lazorchak, William" <[log in to unmask]>

Geospatial Hosting Environment <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 May 2017 16:45:18 -0400

Greetings all,

The GHE continues to work through the process of upgrading to Oracle 12c from Oracle 11gR1.

As part of the process, at a point very soon, the GHE will need to "freeze" the Oracle 11gR1 database while the upgrades are being made to Oracle 12c.

The "freeze" means that no changes can be made to the Oracle 11gR1 database (nothing added/removed/changed) while the upgrade is taking place.

We're not putting a ton of data in that database at the moment, but I ask that you hold off on any projects that involve changin