Help for ID Archives

ID Archives

ID@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ID Home

ID  November 2018

ID November 2018

Re: Derived relationships in bulk downloads, a question

"Ford, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>

LC Linked Data Service Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:24:22 +0000

Hi Steven,

As to where the documentation for these types of decisions live, I'm not 100% sure I can answer the question, but only because, until now (and technically we've made no decision yet), there should be no difference between the bulk downloads and what you see from the web-based service to warrant documentation.  That said, if you look at the top of the "Downloads" page [1] you'll find a short paragraph and a link to additional information.  I suspect we will expand that short paragraph to make sure notice about this difference is actually *on* the downloads page, and then expand on it elsewhere, which is where users would find the SPARQL samples.  Perhaps, if we really get elaborate, we make a gist or a small repo in which to store the SPARQL queries, but I'm speculating.  Other than committing to providing the needed SPARQL queries, we've not identified a how or a where.

As for the FAST statistics, how do these help you?  How do you use the resulting property and class reports?  We do not currently generate this information but that is not to say we couldn't, especially if there is use for them beyond our walls. Do the counts matter or is it about seeing a list of used properties and classes in the system?

Yours,
Kevin

[1] http://id.loc.gov/download/