Help for ID Archives

ID Archives

ID@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ID Home

ID  November 2018

ID November 2018

Re: Derived relationships in bulk downloads, a question

Steven Folsom <[log in to unmask]>

LC Linked Data Service Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:19:09 -0500

Kevin,

Seems pretty reasonable from the downloads perspective for the reasons you gave, as long as the documentation is clear and all the semantics are queryable from one direction or the other. Generally, it seems more important to have the fuller representation of specific entities in the web based descriptions so that when dereferenced we have a complete view.

Where does the documentation for these types of decisions currently live? I couldn't find anything on ID's site; this doesn't mean it isn't there. :) Related, have you considered providing statistics like FAST does? http://experimental.worldcat.org/fast/stats/FASTLinkedDataProfile.html (I realize you might end up having different statistics for the download and the web based descriptions, but I find this reporting really useful instead of having to query myself to create property and class reports.)

Thanks for your work on this. It's exciting to think we might see more frequent data dumps.

Thanks,
Steven