METS June 2002

<par> element? / orientation

Lyn Lewis Dafis <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:46:55 +0100

Hello

At the National Library of Wales we're just about to start using METS
and we've come across somethings we just can't figure out so perhaps the
list can help us.

1. We're creating a digital object from a book page by page, but in some
instances both pages are needed to make sense of a table which is spread
across both. Would you use the <par> element to indicate this, and then
how would the tagging work with the <div>?

2. With the same book, the pages are viewed as "portrait" but sometimes
the tables should be viewd as landscape in order to read them, how would
you indicate this in METS?

Thanks

Lyn

--