METS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

METS Home

METS  November 2009

METS November 2009

Re: METS and TEI?

Dot Porter <[log in to unmask]>

Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:01:29 +0000

I know TEI very well although my experience with METS is mainly
theoretical, but I want to  second everything Rick says. I've used
METS as an example in teaching how TEI may be combined with other
standards and this is how I've done it, and how I would recommend
actually implementing it - i.e. having the TEI as a separate document,
pointing to that file in the fileSec, and then using the area elements
in the structMap to point out to xml:ids in the TEI document. I would
want to keep the TEI as a separate document, as you may find that you
want to process it or store it separately from the METS.

Dot

--
Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager