***Please excuse cross-posting***
The ALCTS CaMMS Catalog Management Interest Group seeks speakers to present at its meeting during the ALCTS Virtual Interest Group Week, to take place from June 8 to 12, 2020. The exact day and time of the presentation(s) will be confirmed at a later date.
The Catalog Management Interest Group discusses the various issues involved in cataloging, classification, authority control and metadata application after the initial cataloging has been performed, including its impact on discovery. It provides a forum for exchanging information and discussing techniques, new developments, and problems with managing the data integrity of library catalogs and related discovery tools.
Presentation topics might include, but are certainly not limited to:
• Providing or improving access to digitized collections
• Processes for updating existing records to reflect digital versions
• Transforming existing records for use in an institutional repository
• Describing collections to enhance user experience
• Subject analysis and classification to support diversity, inclusion, or equity
• Modifying granularity or fullness of records to improve discovery
• ILS migration
• Workflows for managing data
• Relevant project or staff management
• Relevant training tips and tools
• Updating records to support linked data
Please submit your proposal by emailing the Interest Group’s Co-Chairs, Dan Tam Do and Marina Morgan, by Tuesday, May 26, 2020. The presenters will be notified of the Co-Chairs’ decision by Friday, May 29, 2020.
Please include in your proposal the following:
• Name(s), affiliation(s), and title(s) of the presenter(s)
• Title and short summary (max. 150 words) of the presentation
• Time required to present
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dan and Marina
Sent on behalf of Dan and Marina, Catalog Management Interest Group Co-Chairs.
Dan Tam Do
Head of Cataloging
University Library System
University of Pittsburgh
[log in to unmask]
Florida Southern College
[log in to unmask]