AFCBOARD@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

AFCBOARD Home

AFCBOARD  February 2000

AFCBOARD February 2000

Follow Up

Peggy Bulger <[log in to unmask]>

AFC Board of Trustees <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:23:38 -0500

Greetings to all:

I want to thank all of you for your excellent work at our Board
meeting last week.  The staff has much to do in the next few months,
but we here are all excited by the commitment and energy of the
Board!!  Although he missed the Board meeting, Mickey Hart is here for
a few days, working to produce a sampler CD that can be used for
fundraising and educational purposes.

The staff and I will be working to hone down and prioritize our plan.
. . taking your excellent suggestions and advice into account.  We
will send out the revised version when it is ready.  Congratulations
on adopting the By-Laws!  A clean copy will be coming your way along
with the minutes from our meeting.  We also will be sending you a
Board Orientation Packet (one of your good ideas).

In the meantime, let me just list our working committees again for
you all:

DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Penn Fix, Chair
Jane Beck
Peggy Bulger
Bill Ferris/Wilsonia Cherry
Jim Hoy
Richard Kurin
Winston Tabb/Diane Kresh
Mickey Hart

CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE
Judy McCulloch, Chair
Janet Brown
Bill Kinney
Gerry Otremba/Steve Kelley
Tom Rankin
Kay Shelemay
Chuck Trimble
Stephen Wade
Joe Wilson

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Ellen Lovell, Chair
Norma Cantu
Kevin Gover
Bill Ivey/Dan Sheehy
William Kennard
Mario Mareno
Jo Radner
Bonnie Wade

In addition, the Executive Committee is:
Jim Hoy, Chair
Kay Shelemay, Vice Chair
Kevin Gover
Ellen Lovell
Judy McCulloch
Mario Mareno
Winston Tabb
Chuck Trimble

I have checked with Stephanie Hall about setting up listserves for
the committees.  Unfortunately, the Library of Congress listserve
manager is unable to set these up at the moment.  However, if you want
to post to your committee, just send the message to me and I will
forward the message to all on the list.

Thanks again, and I'll be in touch.

Peggy

Peggy A. Bulger, Director