PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

PCCLIST Home

PCCLIST  February 2000

PCCLIST February 2000

Re: 667 vs. 680

"Anthony R. Franks" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Feb 2000 07:12:40 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

As a purely personal matter of opinion, and not at all reflecting the
position of the Library of Congress on this matter, I will share with you
the thought that struck me this morning, in the shower:

If information is relevant to the heading, it goes into a 670 field; if
it's not relevant to the heading, it goes into a 675 field.

To paraphrase Judy Kuhagen speaking about another NAR-related matter,
introducing yet another field and set of tagging into NAR production is
not cataloging simplification.

 *                         Anthony Franks                                  *
 *                         Library of Congress                             *
 * A personal opinion not the official position of the Library of Congress *