PCCLIST February 2000

Re: 667 vs. 680

Rhoda Kesselman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:00:43 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Thank you, David, for this summary of the issues. Speaking again
from personal opinion (although, as Mark Scharff has pointed out,
everyone can see where I work), I endorse your statement quoted
below.
I might add that not all libraries have loaded their name authority
records into their online catalog, and some might balk at others'
decisions as to what information is useful to repeat for the purpose of
making it available to library users. Since the rewriting of MARC21
guidelines and NACO principles might prove daunting, it is
important to address these issues through the proper channels.
A MARBI proposal might be one avenue.  A proposal for a Z1 revision
might be another. Perhaps the BIBCO Operations Committee?

Rhoda Kesselman
Firestone Library
Princeton University
Email: [log in to unmask]