Maybe not new, but new to me is the Unites States Department of Agricultures's "USDA for kids" site.
USDA for kids:
Ag in the Classroom:
From my five minute tour, I found...
- as expected, nutrition information
- a timeline of the History of Agriculture in the U.S. (one of the items behind the link: "Natural Resources Conservation Education" link.)
- Information about agriculture science for kids in English & Spanish
- familiar "folks" such as Smokey Bear and Woodsey Owl who serve as topical guides.
- a few new friends like "Russ the Surfing Squirell" (provides links off-site)
- suggestions for science fair projects
- materials at various age/grade levels
Plus, some links that don't seem to work (yet, I hope).
A separate link from USDA's home page is called "Ag in the Classroom." This appear to be a state-by-state program (like LC's Center for the Book?) which USDA coordinates.
I hope some of you find it useful.