My advice, free and exactly worth the price:
1. Females: don't take offense if they call you "Fellows."
2. Males: stay away from that line-dancing stuff.
3. Everyone: no Ethiopian food.
4. Make sure your administration knows that you're part of this LOC
program; for once, don't hesitate to toot your own horn in this regard.
5. Focus on making a good start to a good lesson design in which you're
using material that interests you and will interest your students. Leave DC
with a good structure in place, and take care of the rest during the school