FLICC Meeting Announcement 2000-18
How and Why to Use FEDLINK in FY2001
Please join us for FEDLINK's annual briefing on how federal
agencies and federal contractors can use FEDLINK to simplify acquiring
online information, publications, and library support services for
their libraries and offices. Designed both for new and experienced
FEDLINK customers, the session will answer:
* What's new for 2001? How can I register for FEDLINK online?
* How can we manage our services to get the most for our agency
* How can we benefit from competition within the FEDLINK framework?
* How do we join a consortium of federal libraries or agencies?
Beyond discussing what's new and reviewing FEDLINK's FY2001 fees,
* Review FEDLINK's new online registration system,
* Discuss the FEDLINK mission, services, costs and benefits,
contracting methods, and membership options,
* Highlight IAG management, payments and amendments, refunds, and
member/vendor relations, and
* Provide a services update including detailed information about
consortial purchasing, books contracts, OCLC, and more!
FEDLINK fiscal staff, LC contracting personnel, and FEDLINK network
program specialists will be available throughout the morning to answer
questions for individual agencies. Please invite your agency
contracting or finance officers and any others who will be using
FEDLINK services and may have questions about the program.
Thursday, August 17, 2000
9:00 a.m.--12:30 p.m. (Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. There is no
entry to the Library of Congress prior to 8:30 a.m.)
Mumford Room, 6th Floor, Madison Building
Library of Congress
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
Capitol South (Orange and Blue lines)
FEDLINK Fiscal Operations, Network Operations, and LC Contracts &
Free--but advance registration is required. Call the FLICC office to
register at (202) 707-4800.
Call FEDLINK Network Operations (202) 707-4848; TTY (202) 707-4995
ADA accommodations will be provided if requested five (5) business
days in advance. Please contact (202) 707-4800 or [log in to unmask]
Please notify FLICC at (202) 707-4800 if you are unable to attend to
allow those on the waiting list to register.