Network Bulletin No. 00-45
Date: August 18, 2000
Subject: Staff, network
Index term: Vacancy--Illinois
NLS has been asked to announce the following vacancy:
Position: Librarian II
Consultant for Blind and Physically Handicapped Services
Location: Southern Illinois Talking Book Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Has overall responsibility for Southern Illinois
Talking Book Center.
2. Supervises all SITBC staff.
3. Maintains effective working relationships with the
Illinois State Library, the Illinois Regional Library
for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, area
libraries, and other agencies responsible for services
to handicapped individuals.
4. Plans and implements outreach programs.
5. Performs miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library science
2. Good oral and written communication skills.
3. Special training and/or experience in serving
handicapped individuals desirable.
4. Ability to travel extensively--including frequent
Position Available: September 4, 2000
Salary Range: $29,990 - $41,993 annually
Submit Application to:
James A. Ubel, Executive Director
Shawnee Library System
607 S. Greenbriar Road
Carterville, IL 62918-1602
Phone: (618) 985-37311
Note: Application review begins August 21, 2000; search open
until position is filled.
For further information contact:
Carolyn Hoover Sung