FEDLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

FEDLIB Home

FEDLIB  October 2000

FEDLIB October 2000

FLICC Tour of NIH Library

Publications FLICC <[log in to unmask]>

FEDLIB: Federal Librarians Discussion List

Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:01:29 -0500

FLICC Meeting Announcement MA 2001-1

FLICC Orientations to Federal Libraries And Information Centers
Series

National Institutes of Health Library

As part of a series of FLICC's continuing orientations to federal
libraries and information centers, FLICC is offering the opportunity
for federal librarians to visit the National Institutes of Health
(NIH) Library, a biomedical research library whose collection and
services support NIH programs. NIH, founded in 1887, is an agency of
the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and one of the
world's foremost biomedical research centers. The program will
include:

* Welcome and tour of the library
* Electronic document requests and delivery
* Electronic Resource Access--policies and challenges
* Custom Services and Cost Recovery

Date
Monday, December 4, 2000

Time
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

Place
NIH Library, Bldg 10, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland

Directions
The NIH Library is located approximately 5 miles from Washington,
D.C. in Bethesda, Maryland in the Clinical Center (Building 10).
From
the front entrance, the Library is the only door down the left
corridor. From within Building 10, the Library is located toward the
Masur Auditorium. When standing in front of the Masur Auditorium,
the
Library will be located down the right hand corridor. See below for
more detailed directions and for a Campus Map visit the NIH Library
Web site at http://nihlibrary.nih.gov/About/metromap.htm

Parking
Visitor parking may be difficult to find at NIH, so if at all
possible, take public transportation. Short-term, metered parking
and
long-term, attendant-controlled parking are available to visitors at
$2 per hour for the first three hours or $12 per day.

Metro
Medical Center (Red Line)--There is shuttle bus service to the main
buildings.

Sponsor
FLICC Education Working Group

Registration
Free--but registration is required. Call the FLICC office to
register: (202) 707-4800.  ADA accommodations will be provided if
requested five (5) business days in advance. Please contact (202)
707-4800 or [log in to unmask]

Cancellations
Please notify FLICC at (202) 707-4800 if you cannot attend so those
on the waiting list have an opportunity to register.

Detailed Directions

From Baltimore and All Points North of Washington, DC
Take I-95 south toward Washington, DC. At I-495 (Capital Beltway),
head west toward Silver Spring/Bethesda. From the Beltway (I-495),
take Exit 34 which is Rt. 355 (Wisconsin Ave./Rockville Pike) and
head
south toward Washington/Bethesda. At the third traffic light, turn
right onto Cedar Lane; drive approximately 1/4 mile and turn left
onto
West Drive to enter the NIH campus.

OR

Take I-95 south toward Washington, DC. At I-495 (Capital Beltway),
head west toward Silver Spring/Bethesda. From the Beltway (I-495),
take Exit 36 (Old Georgetown Road), heading south for about 2 miles.
Turn left into the NIH campus at Center Drive.

From Virginia and All Points South of Washington, DC
Take I-95 north toward Washington, DC. At I-495 (Capital Beltway),
head north toward Silver Spring/Bethesda. From the Beltway (I-495),
take Exit 34 which is Rt. 355 (Wisconsin Ave./Rockville Pike) and
head
south toward Washington/Bethesda. At the second traffic light, turn
right onto Cedar Lane; drive approximately 1/4 mile and turn left
onto
West Drive to the NIH campus.

OR

Take I-95 north toward Washington, DC. At I-495 (Capital Beltway),
head north toward Silver Spring/Bethesda. From the Beltway (I-495),
take Exit 36 (Old Georgetown Road), heading south for about 2 miles.
Turn left into the NIH campus at Center Drive.

From Metro
Take Metro's Red Line to Medical Center. The station's escalators
come out on the NIH campus. To get to Building 10, walk from the top
of the escalators past the bus stops down South Drive. Cross Center
Drive to Lincoln Drive and continue up the hill. (Please note that
the
left hand sidewalk may be closed due to construction at Bldg 50. Use
the right hand side sidewalk.) The NIH Clinical Center (Building 10)
is at the top of the hill on the right side of Lincoln Drive.

OR

Take the NIH campus shuttle bus which provides service to Building
10
and stops at the Metro station every 15 to 20 minutes.