Help for AMFELLOWS Archives

AMFELLOWS Archives

AMFELLOWS@C4VLPLISTSERV01.LOC.GOV

AMFELLOWS Home

AMFELLOWS  November 2000

AMFELLOWS November 2000

Re: AMFELLOWS Digest - 17 Nov 2000 to 21 Nov 2000 (#2000-82)

Cathy Matsuno <[log in to unmask]>

American Memory Fellows <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Nov 2000 05:27:33 -1000

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm looking forward to teaching a winter semester
class (Integrating Technology in the K-12 Classroom) in the Master of
Education Program at Chaminade University. Oh yes, we do have winter here in
Honolulu.  As a matter of fact it is 80 degrees or so right now.
Back to reality...I'll be using the American Memory Collection as the
foundation for the entire course.  It fits the bill because the preservice
and inserve teachers that take this course run the gamut from history
teachers to counselors and special education coordinators.   I foresee that
the class will find the Memory Collection fodder for developing many
interdisciplinary lessons to take back to their classrooms.  I'm excited
about getting started and sharing my treasure chest. As a semester project I
normally have my students team to create a project using PowerPoint or a web
page for presentation and sharing with the class.  When finished they each
burn a cd with everyone's projects to take back to their schools to share
with others.----- Original Message -----