Discount Registration for the web-based course "CATALOGING INTERNET
RESOURCES USING MARC 21 AND AACR2" ends Saturday, March 31, 2001.
Register now to take advantage of the substantial price discounts!
The OCLC Institute together with co-developers Steven Miller, Amigos
Library Services, NELINET, and SOLINET, have made available
"Cataloging Internet Resources Using MARC 21 and AACR2," the first
course offering in the OCLC Online Library Learning series
This Web-based course provides easy, 24-hour access to an important
body of knowledge for libraries today. Designed for self-paced and
self-directed study, the course covers current cataloging rules and
MARC fields that are essential for libraries to provide efficient,
effective, and uniform description and access for selected Internet
resources using traditional standards and practices. (A module on
cataloging serials is forthcoming.)
Each of the course's 28 interactive lessons contains learning
objectives, instructional materials, real-world examples, and quizzes
and tests that provide immediate feedback. All you need to use the
course is a Web browser.
After taking this course you will know:
* How cataloging Internet resources compares with monographic
* How to code MARC leader and control fields
* How to record title and statement of responsibility
* How to record edition statements
* How to record special characteristics of computer files
* How to record date, publisher, and dates of publication
* How to record series statements
* How to record notes that pertain especially to Internet resources
* How to record electronic location and access information using the
856 field *
How to record main and added entries
* How to apply your existing experience in assigning subject
headings and classification to bibliographic records for
All lessons provide references and links to authoritative
documentation and standards.
Introductory Pricing Period Ends March 31. See
http://www.oclc.org/institute/oll/faq.htm#price for details. Most
members would pay $59 per person until March 31; $89 per person after
that, though further discounts apply for groups of 11-25 people, and
26 or more.
Your paid registration licenses you to access the course without
limit for one year from the date of registration.
To register, simply complete and submit the online registration form
available at https://www3.oclc.org/institute/ollorder.htm.
For more information, please contact Anne Harrison at FEDLINK:
[log in to unmask]