EAD September 2001

Re: style sheets

Kelcy Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:27:07 -0400

I've been able to make some simple modifications of the Cookbook's
stylesheets, and I've got no programming background. It took curiosity, a
basic sense of logic, and the willingness to learn by screwing up. But, let
me emphasize that these were very basic changes and in order to get the
display I really want, I expect to have to learn a lot more about XSL.

I do like the idea of an online tutorial that would be more widely available
and that you could continue to reference, but I'm not sure that a web
tutorial alone is enough. At the EAD Roundtable, Daniel Pitti mentioned that
the University of Virginia was considering offering training in a