JULY/AUGUST 2001 FEDLINK TECHNICAL NOTES NEWSLETTER NOW
ON FLICC/FEDLINK WEB SITE
WASHINGTON, DC, September 5, 2001 - The July/August 2001 issue of
Technical Notes is now online at
In this issue:
- Now in its second year, FEDLINK's Online Registration will help
both members and the program streamline the steps necessary to
generate IAGs and make procuring vendor services more expedient.
- Revolving Fund Update: FEDLINK waits for GAO advice.
- FEDLINK vendors comply with Section 508.
- OCLC News: Web Interface to OCLC ILL Available; FirstSearch
Offers Per-Article Purchase; OCLC Institution Symbols Expanded; New
OCLC Cataloging and Metadata Interface and Time Line.
- Vendor Update: New names, products, and departures.
- FEDLINK libraries can expand their seamless access to electronic
resources economically through FEDLINK's new FirstSearch Consortium.
- FEDLINK holds open enrollment for ProQuest Consortia. Members will
see lower prices and greater access to the ProQuest databases.
- Web Citings: Find out about the Library of Congress' collaboration
with the larger library and information center community to develop
blueprint to improve bibliographic control of the Web.
- Be sure to visit the FLICC/FEDLINK Educational Calendar Web page
information on upcoming FLICC educational events and the FEDLINK
training program at http://lcweb.loc.gov/flicc/calclass.html.