BIBCO October 2001

informal survey

Carol Hixson <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:25:53 -0700

I have two questions that I would like to have input on from other
BIBCO libraries:

1) How many of you have paraprofessional catalogers doing some of
your BIBCO cataloging?

(Lest anyone think that I have an axe to grind about this, one way or the
other, let me just state: I think this is an institutional decision that
depends
on a lot of factors. It is not something that I think the PCC should be trying
to "legislate" in any way. I am simply trying to get a sense of what
current reality is for BIBCO libraries.)

2) If you do have paraprofessionals doing BIBCO cataloging, do you
rely on in-house training for MARC, AACR2, subject analysis, and
classification? Or do you send sta