METS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

METS Home

METS  March 2002

METS March 2002

Re: fledgling METS Best Practise?

Guenter Waibel <[log in to unmask]>

Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:11:36 -0800

Hi everybody,

I think we're all painfully aware that the best we can do at the
height of our powers, no matter how much coffee we pour down our
gullets :-), will be a lower-case best practise document. How could
you possibly define best practise when the practise, good or bad, has
barely started? :-) All of this just to say that I completely agree
with Jerry - I think pooling local guidelines (which I happened to
term best practise) is what we're after, and then an upper-case Best
Practise would definitely be an endeavour of a different scale which
could develop based on those initial local guides. Let's gather
offline and see what we can come up with!

Guenter