METS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

METS Home

METS  September 2002

METS September 2002

Re: about the behaviro section!

Jerome McDonough <[log in to unmask]>

Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:06:44 -0400

At 09:55 AM 9/12/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>I am not very clear about the function of the behavior section of METS.
>
>is it like the metadata in the DMD section and AMD section that can be
>linked to
>
>a METS object?
>
>I want to hear that if there are any examples using the behavior section?

It's slightly different than DMD/AMD.  The idea of the behavior section was
to be
able to identify executable code/software needed to view the METS object
(or part
of a METS object).  A behavior has two major subcomponents: 1.
int