EAD October 2002

Re: <eadid>

Merrilee Proffitt <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:53:48 -0700

Carol and others on the list,

May I humbly direct you to the recently released RLG Best Practice
Guidelines for Encoded Archival Description (found at :
http://www.rlg.org/rlgead/bpg.pdf ). There are suggestions for formulating
a unique <eadid> (p. 8). The Guidelines were written to be EAD 2002
compliant, and have also been written to support ISAD(G).

Best,

Merrilee