> > I disagree with this premise, upon which most of the discussion ...
> > All we need to do is tell the client that the term is part of a
> > thesaurus, which thesaurus, and a link to that thesaurus (be it an
> I disagree that you are disagreeing here :) The main point is that a
> direct link is needed. I am saying that more than one link should be
> possible. If the client constructs a search out of a scan line it may
> produce imprecise results so direct links are necessary.
I agree that that I was not disagreeing then :)
I've put up a quick implementation of what I've proposed:
This returns links to the Unesco thesaurus used.
In XSL I turn that into a zthes.term exact search.
Which by clicking on, you get the term in the Zthes schema.
This could be done by a more sophisticated client internally to produce
the results that Joe and Jannifer are looking for.
Issues that I've found:
It's impossible to extract the index and relation from
echoedRequest/clause. Either this needs to be transformed into the XCQL
equivalent, or we need to use something like what Ralph suggested of
making the information carried by the relation into a separate parameter.
I favour returning the XCQL as it's easy to pick apart with XSL and we
then don't need to return X/CQL for every term. I think that this could
be done for searchRetrieveResponse/echoedRequest as well, but that's
,'/:. Rob Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
,'--/::(@)::. Special Collections and Archives, extension 3142
,'---/::::::::::. Twin Cathedrals: telnet: liverpool.o-r-g.org 7777
____/:::::::::::::. WWW: http://liverpool.o-r-g.org:8000/
I L L U M I N A T I