PCCTG1 March 2003

Re: Membership criteria

Hugh Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:31:09 +0000

I thought for a moment I was going to have to disagree with Mary Charles,
which would have been doubly undesirable given it's Friday afternoon here...
but then I saw her last sentence. There's another TG looking at the
"internationalisation" of PCC, which I'm sure will also be raising training
issues, and the SCT keeps beavering away at it too, so I know we're not
alone in our concerns on this. But I will be agreeing with Mary Charles on
the question of online training courses when we give training fuller
discussion later on.

In my brief analysis I skipped over the Coop contribution statistically -
not because I/we don't value it (certainly not!) but because I wasn't sure
what it comprised. My guess is that's work consequential on things raised by
members but not directly members' responsibility, rather than Coop doing the
work on behalf of someone else, but I've absolutely no evidence for this,
and - like  Mary Charles - would be interested to know, briefly, the
background to this. As much for my own education as anything.

Have a great weekend.

Hugh
--
Hugh Taylor
Head of Cataloguing, Cambridge University Library

email: [log in to unmask]   fax: +44 (0)1223 333160
phone: +44 (0)1223 333069 (with voicemail) or
phone: +44 (0)1223 333000 (ask for pager 036)