PCCTG1 Archives

PCCTG1@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

PCCTG1 Home

PCCTG1  March 2003

PCCTG1 March 2003

Re: SACO responsibilities list

Mary Charles Lasater <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:01:20 -0600

Jimmie and All,

I agree with 1-4. I have already addressed Number 5 and 6 as problems for my
institution. Problems so bad that most of the catalogers don't propose
subjects at all so for Number 5: I think we need to establish what is
reasonable turn-around time for SACO. (I have had proposals go for as much as
a year and disappear with little or no feedback). I think the expected
turn-around should be posted with the proposal forms on the Website and as
responsbilities or backlogs change the turn-around should too.  I don't think
that No. 6... the full responsibility for good relationships relies with the
participating libraries.  Coop needs to take some responsibility too so I
think we should leave it out of membership  "responsibilities" ... it sounds
too much like we must "obey" and that is not how I see the PCC.

Mary Charles