Help for MODS Archives

MODS Archives

MODS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

MODS Home

MODS  April 2003

MODS April 2003

Re: MODS, bibliographic managers and journal articles

"Rebecca S. Guenther" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:18:31 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

We think that MODS can cover journal articles. Generally the article title
would be in <titleInfo><title> with the appropriate elements describing
that article. The citation information would be in relatedItem
type="host". Currently the MARC Advisory Committee is working on changes
to include parsed numbering/date information for the journal citation in
MARC. We are now discussing how to represent this in MODS and will respond
further shortly (by next week). At that time, I'll work up an example.
This is also something we want to include in the MODS guidelines, which
are currently being revised after receiving lots of comments from a number
of you on this list. That we also plan to make available soon.

Rebecca