> -----Original Message-----
> From: Theo van Veen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 10:05 AM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Betr.: Another way to handle Embedded XML for SRU but not SRW
> PS Using http://krait.kb.nl/coop/tel/portal/srudbs.xml for
> searching in your database, I do not really get Dublin Core
> but only nested numbered tags (use diagnostic layout in the
> search page to view the results).
Add recordSchema=dc to see them in that format.
> >>> [log in to unmask] 13-04-03 22:02 >>>
> Ray asked me to resend this with a different Subject:
> Okay, I've decided to give up on this. I have a
> counterproposal instead.
> I've sent notes off to the Apache Axis folks describing our
> problem. The
> notes were ignored. I take this to mean that it isn't possible.
> I've sent notes off to the XSL list, hoping that we could
> maybe get our
> stylesheets to cope with the encoded records. One guys
> responds that it
> can't be done, another says that it is built into the Saxon processor.
> Neither solution helps.
> So I've decided to declare this to be a non-problem.
> My SRU server just takes the request and reformats it as a
> SOAP request,
> sends it to the SOAP server, gets the SOAP response, cleans
> that up and
> returns it. It's the "cleans that up" part that is our opportunity.
> Right now, my SRU server strips off the SOAP wrapper from the
> searchRetrieveResponse and removes any xsi:type="whatever"
> strings. I have
> added logic to also replace any <, > and " strings with the
> appropriate value. Suddenly, SRU is returning the records as
> subfields of
> the recordData field.
> I think that is our solution. Forget about the recordPacking
> and recordXML
> fields. Return string-encoded records in SRW and
> non-string-encoded records
> in SRU.
> This code is now in place in my server on Alcme.oclc.org.
> (The same one
> you've been pointing at.)